WE WANT YOUR FiLM
First Annual SSTIKS Traditional Kayaking Film Festival
This festival is dedicated to short films about “traditional kayaking.” It is sponsored by SSTIKS, the South Sound Traditional Inuit Kayaking Symposium. SSTIKS is part of Qaannat Kattuffiat (the Greenland Kayaking Association) based in Nuuk Greenland.
Traditional kayaking is defined by Qaannat Kattuffiat as keeping the traditional kayaking skills alive. This includes rolling, paddling techniques, kayak building, tuilik making, ropes, and other aspects of the Greenland kayaking culture.
Entries could include any of the and/or:
- Polar culture
- Rope gymnastics or related games
- Kayak journeying
- Kayak love stories
- Experimental films
Anything really that speaks to or is informed by traditional kayaks and culture.
All entries should be submitted to The SSTIKS Festival at Filmfreeway.com.Go to FilmFreeway.com
Awards & Prizes
Films will be judged according to set criteria including relevance to traditional kayaking, quality, creativity and exhibiting one or more SSTIKSish values.
The top three entrants will receive the coveted SSTIKY Norsaq d’Or. The top ten films will be shown at SSTIKS 2017. Other entries will be made available on the SSTIKS website.
There may be other fabulous prizes. Or maybe not.
Dates & Deadlines
- Opening Date Jan 10, 2017
- Submission Deadline May 1, 2017
- Notification Date May 21, 2017
- Event Date June 3 2017
Rules & Terms
1. Sending an entry to the SSTIKS Traditional Kayaking Film Festival implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations.
2. No late entries accepted.
3. Entries can be of any duration. As long as they are 5 minutes or less.
4. Films can be narrative, story, animated, or experimental and can be entered by professional or amateur filmmakers.
5. All music rights must be cleared before films are submitted. Consent of performers and/or persons appearing in the film must be obtained before films are submitted.
6. Films may have been previously entered in other film festivals.
7. Submissions will remain the property of the makers, though they will be available for public viewing on the SSTIKS website for at least one month.
8. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these Rules and Regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided at the sole discretion of the Festival organizers.
9. The decision of the judges–no matter how stupid–will be final.